2004 May 25 14:07

Re: Good Netiquette! :-) (Was Re: [vox-tech] ssh with X11 remote - resolved)

Re: Good Netiquette! :-) (Was Re: [vox-tech] ssh with X11 remote - resolved)

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:49:27PM -0700, ME wrote:
<snip>
> This is very good netiquette.
>
> This shows people can contribute to OpenSource even if they cannot program.
<snip>

Indeed.  In fact, just yesterday I got an email asking whether I ever figured
out how to get my Netgear wireless card working under Knoppix.  It was a
private email in response to a note I posted to vox-tech, I believe.

Unfortunately, I never looked into it any further, so I had nothing more to
offer to the thread (I really just mentioned it as an aside), and didn't
have an immediate solution for the fellow who e-mailed me last night.

Anyway, just agreeing with the fact that, thanks to the web archives
and search engines, people find lists like vox-tech, so it's always nice
to go that extra step to make them as useful as possible.

Nothing more disheartening than finding someone with EXACTLY the same
problem as you have, and a thread of crickets chirping in response. ;^)

So thanks, Jonathan.  And thanks for the encouraging words, Mike!