2004 May 28 06:15

[vox-tech] ssh with X11 remote

I have an interesting problem with ssh and X11. I know how to use ssh with X11 forwarding to my local machine. However, I have a program that generates a series of image files, and it insists on connecting to an X server to do so. Running this via ssh means that ALL the data involved gets forwarded to my local machine and then back again; this is very inefficient.

Is there any way to run ssh and tell it to use its own X server?

Jonathan