2004 May 21 08:50

Re: [vox-tech] Removing Files

I got the exact same output as you Tim. I copies both outputs to files and then ran $ diff and there was no difference between the two outputs. At the end of the email, i have included it if you are curious. I am stymied at this point. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dan

Tim Riley wrote:

The remove works here. Maybe there's a hidden control character in
the filename that's getting in the way. Here's some code to
display the ascii of the filename and the output I get. Does
your output match mine?

Begin code snip
		if( directory_entry->d_name[ 0 ] == 'E' ) {
			printf( "Found the File!\n" );
{
char *ptr = directory_entry->d_name;
while( *ptr )
{
	fprintf( stderr, "%c = %u\n", *ptr, *ptr );
	ptr++;
}
}

End code snip

Begin output

E = 69
v = 118
i = 105
l = 108
  = 32
D = 68
e = 101
a = 97
d = 100
  = 32
3 = 51
  = 32
- = 45
  = 32
A = 65
r = 114
m = 109
y = 121
  = 32
o = 111
f = 102
  = 32
D = 68
a = 97
r = 114
k = 107
n = 110
e = 101
s = 115
s = 115
  = 32
( = 40
D = 68
i = 105
r = 114
e = 101
c = 99
t = 116
o = 111
r = 114
´ = 4294967220
s = 115
  = 32
C = 67
u = 117
t = 116
) = 41
. = 46
a = 97
v = 118
i = 105

End output

[/usr/media/movies] $ ./a.out
.
..
Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness (Director´s Cut).avi
Found the File!
E = 69
v = 118
i = 105