January 6: Social gathering
2004 May 14 21:40

Re: [vox-tech] surprises: xmms and opterons

Re: [vox-tech] surprises: xmms and opterons

> 2. dual opteron PSU to mobo connectors have 24 pins, not the standard 20

Heh, "the standard".  Standards are great, there are so many to choose
from.  Did you mean ATX 1.0? 2.0? 2.1? ATX12V? EPS12V?

>    pins.  getting a 400W (or whatever) supply is not good enough for
>    AMD-64.  it has to be a) 400W (or whatever), b) AMD approved (as
>    always) and c) have a 24 pin connector.

Not all dual opteron motherboards have the same power supply requirements,
nor is the ATX12V or EPS12V specific to opterons.

--
Bill Broadley
Computational Science and Engineering