2004 May 14 10:55

Re: [vox-tech] Success with fltk and SDL_image

Re: [vox-tech] Success with fltk and SDL_image

> i was once told that the military uses quaternionic rotations in mission
> critical applications.  not sure if the person was talking out the side
> of their butt or not.  but it sure sounds impressive!   :-)
>
> pete

I dunno anything about it, but it might be applicable in topography and
imagery.  There two maps: one with old data and one with new.  But the maps
don't match up exactly; the satellite/plane/seagull with a webcam wasn't in the
exact same location to make both the maps.  Here's where the fancy math makes
the (reference points on) two maps match up so we can be sure the 'bad guys'
built a new dough-boy pool and not a missle silo/bioweapons lab/diebold
electronic voting machine.  Is this a case where you might need quaternionic
rotations?

I really haven't the slightest idea, and I could be talking out of the side of
my butt...  I do that from time to time this late at night.... ;)

--cheers

jan

PS I have rotations and zooms working nicely.  Alpha overlays are next, but I
am well on my way.  Thanks again.

=====
EDUCATION, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the
foolish their lack of understanding.