2004 May 07 23:01

[vox-tech] USB mouse moves too fast with custom 2.6.5 kernel

[vox-tech] USB mouse moves too fast with custom 2.6.5 kernel

When I use a USB mouse with my new kernel, it jumps at least
two pixels no matter how small a motion I make.  Other people have
encountered this problem, but the solution that keeps coming up in
Google searches is to make sure that you only have a single mouse entry
in the XF86Config-4 file.  My XF86Config-4 file already had only one
mouse section, so I guess something else is wrong.  None of the
alternative mouse device files gave better results: /dev/psaux,
/dev/input/mouse0, and /dev/input/mice all gave the same jumpiness.
The only thing that has worked so far is to replace the mouse with an
old PS/2 mouse, not a very nice way to go.  Any ideas?

My kernel config and XF86Config are attached.

--
Issac Trotts
http://mallorn.ucdavis.edu/~ijtrotts