2004 Apr 30 10:34

Re: [vox-tech] conditional .gtkrc-2.0

On 2004.04.29 20:43, Dave Margolis wrote:
OK,

I like that idea. I'm going to need to:
1. test and see if .gtkrc-2.0 exists, if so remove it
2. determine which host i'm logged in from
3. create a symlink from the correct file to .gtkrc-2.0

Here's a dumb question: What environment variable or program tells me where I'm logged in from?

Dave
[bloom@kabloom ~]$ who am i
bloom    pts/12       Apr 29 23:25 (pc12.cs.ucdavis.edu)

If you're logged in locally, there will be no field with parentheses.
You can try awk, cut, or sed tricks to narrow down the line of text.

note that this is different from
[bloom@kabloom ~]$ whoami
bloom

Mark K. Kim wrote:

Create two different files, .gtkrc-2.0-laptop and .gtkrc-2.0-desktop, and
at login, using a script, determine which computer you're connecting from
and make a symlink to .gtkrc-2.0 from the appropriate file! It's like
magic...

-Mark