2004 Apr 29 10:16

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Re: [vox-tech] Heretical WinXP Q re: burning Knoppix CD's

Quoting Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com):

> Any recommendations for software?  I'm not all that keen on paying money
> for such software if I can avoid it.

I recommend burning a Knoppix CDR (or DVD), and then booting it.  It
comes with cdrecord, k3b, etc., and reliably auto-recognises hardware
better than anything else on x86, bar none.

(Generally speaking, if the answer is a piece of Win32 software, you're
asking the wrong question.  ;->  )

--
Cheers,        "A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line, today.  The results
Rick Moen       blacked out 1400 homes and, of course, one raccoon."