2004 Apr 28 14:43

Re: [vox-tech] Easiest way to integrate the login of large numbers of servers...

Re: [vox-tech] Easiest way to integrate the login of large numbers of servers...

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:16:54PM -0700, Jonathan wrote:
<snip>
> So, one school here says set up a secure Open LDAP directory of some sort,
> and use that as a replacement for /etc/password.  Shockingly, the guy who is
> espousing this position is from Netscape originally. Hehe.
<snip>

Along with LUGOD's vox-tech, and other general/technical LUG mailing lists,
you might also want to ask on (or search the archives of) the "k12osn"
mailing list.  It's chock full of school IT folks using Linux (mostly
thin-client stuff, like LTSP, but not always) in their school environments.