2004 Apr 28 14:17

Re: [vox-tech] Bash scripting newbie - need syntax help

Re: [vox-tech] Bash scripting newbie - need syntax help

ME said:
[chop]
> and ensure that /proc is also updated and the memory allocation and
[chop]

Reading this, I see I was not clear with this. I meant to write about the
information that can be found in /proc per process. Obviously, these are
no phsical files on media where /proc is concerned, but virtual "files"
which really map to sections of memory and data in the kernel. What I was
meaning to illustrate was the data you see in /proc on a per process
listing does exist in the kernel/memory and its existense as well as use
ability to inspect /proc for this data does describe some of the items
which are tracked and considered by the system for each new process which
is created.

This is only posted for the purist who might disagree with my original
statement, which, when taken literally, is not correct.