2004 Apr 28 16:18

Re: [vox-tech] oracle -> MySQL conversion

Re: [vox-tech] oracle -> MySQL conversion

   I would think that PostgreSQL may be a better choice.  I started using
SQL-Ledger this week and it supports these three databases: Oracle, DB2,
and
PostgreSQL; I guess that could be viewed as a hint that Oracle and
PostgreSQL are more compatible than say MySQL and Oracle. Also, the
PostgreSQL book I purchased from NerdBooks showed that this database
supports many advanced features you do not find in MySQL.  I too am on a
hunt for database conversion tools, if I find what you need I will let you
know.

Danny