2004 Apr 24 11:43

[vox-tech] extended ascii characters

Greetings:
A few years ago my wife caught a malicious virus that not only wiped out the hard drive but also labeled it with a blinking smiley face.  I couldn't reformat it since I couldn't duplicate the name of the hard drive. I find that this is an extended ASCII character but unable to duplicate it via dos.  I find web pages of reference to this character but none tell me how to create it.

I think that I might be able to recreate this smiley face by a combination of [alt] and [1-9] keys in either 2 or 10 key strokes.  Randomly pecking at the keyboard for 5 minutes got me nowhere.

Does anybody have a clue as to what I am talking about?