2004 Apr 21 13:41

Re: [vox-tech] monitor troubles

I tried that driver and it doesn't work with the 2.6 kernel, so I am using the one that came with X.

I think part of the problem may be that it isn't seeing that it has enough memory. I edited the line in the XF86config file to say that it has 64MB of video RAM, but using kinfocenter it only thinks that I have 4MB of video RAM.
Jennifer

Mark K. Kim wrote:

You can add all modes, in the order of your preference, like this:

Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

so you don't have to try each one.

Anyway, that's the sidenote. Since you got the sync information, set the
hsync and vsync rates in XF86Config:

HorizSync 30-100
VertRefresh 50-160

Furthermore, your video card needs to be supported by X. It looks like
Intel has their own driver and a support page:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/linux/graphics.htm

Neat.

-Mark