2004 Apr 23 09:36

Re: [vox-tech] learning (la)tex

På onsdag, 21 april 2004, skrev dylan@iici.no-ip.org:
> hi!
>
> i am interested in learning about latex, and was wondering if there were
> any book reccomendations  out there....
>
> so far i have looked through "A Guide to Latex" by Helmut Kopka, Patrick
> W. Daly - and it seems like a nice book, albiet a little pricey.

As another poster pointed out, "The Not So Short Guide to LaTeX", available
online (on www.ctan.org and mirrors as lshort.dvi) is excellent for starting
out.

The LUGOD library also has a selection of LaTeX books available for loan. I
suggest borrowing one or more of those after you read the Not So Short Guide
to see which book you find most helpful. The LUGOD library lends for a month
at most, which should be long enough to complete a small project using a
borrowed book.

See <http://lugod.org/library/>.

--
Henry House