2004 Apr 23 12:07

Re: [vox-tech] learning (la)tex

I started with, and strongly recommend, "A (Not So) Short Introduction to LaTeX2e". It is free and can be downloaded here: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

That and "The Latex Companion" are all I use in hard copy. When I need special packages, I use the accompanying documentation.

Jonathan

dylan@iici.no-ip.org wrote:
hi!

i am interested in learning about latex, and was wondering if there were
any book reccomendations  out there....

so far i have looked through "A Guide to Latex" by Helmut Kopka, Patrick
W. Daly - and it seems like a nice book, albiet a little pricey.

thanks in advance!

Dylan