2004 Apr 22 00:11

[vox-tech] Mailman question

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Mailman (ver. 2.1.3) to be as simple as a one-way mailing list as possible. I'd like to allow the owner to send monthly newsletter style messages to the mailing list. I want users to be able to subscribe/unsubscribe per normal.

So far I've figured everything I want out except for the most obvious thing: turning the ability for the subscribers to send messages to the list... I'm combing through the options and I know I'm missing something easy. Or, perhaps, since Mailman is designed to be more discussion oriented, the option I'm looking for is not there and I should use another (probably simpler) tool?
I understand that I can make it so that all posts need to be approved by the owner, but that could turn out to be a lot of annoyance for the owner (not me) if a lot of people try to post. I'd also be nice if it was obvious that it wasn't a public list from the user's perspective (I suppose I can add a note about this to the public html pages myself).

Thanks in advance for your time,
Dave