2004 Apr 19 16:19

[vox-tech] /etc/devfsd.conf equivalent for udev?

[vox-tech] /etc/devfsd.conf equivalent for udev?

I've just started using udev since devfs is supposedly deprecated in 2.6 kernels. It all seems to work OK, at least for my setup.

I since my handspring PDA through /dev/pilot, which now links to /dev/tts/USB1. With devfs I added some lines to /etc/devfsd.conf which automatically ran my syncing program when I pushed the cradle button:

#configure USB, specifically so that jpilot syncs when Visor cradle button is pushed; JJS 12 Feb 04
REGISTER ^usb PERMISSIONS 0.0 0777
REGISTER ^usb/tts PERMISSIONS 0.0 0777
REGISTER ^usb/tts/1 EXECUTE /bin/su jjstickel -c "/usr/bin/jpilot-sync"

I can't seem to find an equivalent file for udev. There exists /etc/udev/udev.conf, udev.permissions, and udev.rules, but the contents are very different from devfsd.conf. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jonathan