2004 Apr 14 01:05

Re: [vox-tech] kde upgrade wrecked gnome

Re: [vox-tech] kde upgrade wrecked gnome

Quoting Jan W (jcwynholds@yahoo.com):

> I am a redhat user, but haven't dared trying apt-get with redhat.  I dunno if
> apt will destroy/overwrite files.  I use rpm, which has it's pitfalls, but
> _usually_ doesn't overwrite stuff unless you explicitly tell it to.

FYI:  apt-get for RH _uses_ /usr/bin/rpm to do all operations.

(But you might want to try the "yum" utility, on RH.)

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!