2004 Apr 11 23:53

[vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

[vox-tech] [non-linux] windows ME PC automatically restarts

i apologize in advance for this windows-related question....

the other day my dad noticed that IE icon was no longer on his desktop
(windows ME), and all normal efforts to make it come back did not work.
also, he has noticed that since the IE icon has dissapeared from the desktop
the machine will no longer shutdown _properly_ ... to elaborate, after
shutting the machine down the screen goes dark for about 5 minutes, and then
the machine re-boots and is back in windows again. the only way to turn it
off is to unplug it.

not using a windows machine, and i am not sure what to say about some people
claiming that this behavior might be indicative of some kind of virus.

any ideas out there?

thanks in advance,

Dylan