January 6: Social gathering
2004 Apr 11 21:51

Re: [vox-tech] apache question: virtualhost not working

Re: [vox-tech] apache question: virtualhost not working

Rod is missing ":80" after NameVirtualHost.  Could that possibly be the
difference?

Maybe not... but worth a try... -_-'

-Mark

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> On Sun 11 Apr 04,  9:40 AM, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> said:
> > På söndag, 11 april 2004, skrev Rod Roark:

> > > What works for me looks like this:
> > >
> > >    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39
> > >    <VirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80>
> > >       etc.
> >
> > Rod is right; you need the NameVirtualHost directive when virtual hosts share
> > the same IP address (i.e., there are multiple DNS A records for your the IP
> > address of your server, or there are CNAME records giving it additional
> > names).
>
> i'm confused -- isn't that what i have above?
>
> i have two domains, www.dirac.org and www.liberal.ws.  i want:
>
>    www.dirac.org  -> document root /www
>    www.liberal.ws -> document root /www/p/linux
>
> www.dirac.org already works.  it's configured correctly.  in order to
> add www.liberal.ws, i tried adding this:
>

>     NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80
>
>     <VirtualHost www.liberal.ws:80>
>        ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
>        DocumentRoot /home/p/linux
>        ServerName www.liberal.ws
>        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/test_error
>        LogLevel warn
>        CustomLog /var/log/apache/test_access common
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> is that not correct?
>
> pete
>
> --
> Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler.  -- Albert Einstein

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci