2004 Apr 11 21:51

Re: [vox-tech] apache question: virtualhost not working

On Sun 11 Apr 04,  9:40 AM, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> said:
> På söndag, 11 april 2004, skrev Rod Roark:
> > On Sunday 11 April 2004 07:04 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > >    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80
> > >
> > >    <VirtualHost www.liberal.ws:80>
> > >       ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
> > >       DocumentRoot /home/p/linux
> > >       ServerName www.liberal.ws
> > >       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/test_error
> > >       LogLevel warn
> > >       CustomLog /var/log/apache/test_access common
> > >    </VirtualHost>
> >
> > What works for me looks like this:
> >
> >    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39
> >    <VirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80>
> >       etc.
>
> Rod is right; you need the NameVirtualHost directive when virtual hosts share
> the same IP address (i.e., there are multiple DNS A records for your the IP
> address of your server, or there are CNAME records giving it additional
> names).

i'm confused -- isn't that what i have above?

i have two domains, www.dirac.org and www.liberal.ws.  i want:

   www.dirac.org  -> document root /www
   www.liberal.ws -> document root /www/p/linux

www.dirac.org already works.  it's configured correctly.  in order to
add www.liberal.ws, i tried adding this:

    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80

    <VirtualHost www.liberal.ws:80>
       ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
       DocumentRoot /home/p/linux
       ServerName www.liberal.ws
       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/test_error
       LogLevel warn
       CustomLog /var/log/apache/test_access common
    </VirtualHost>

is that not correct?

pete