2004 Apr 11 21:51

Re: [vox-tech] apache question: virtualhost not working

On Sun 11 Apr 04,  7:55 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Sunday 11 April 2004 07:04 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80
> >
> >    <VirtualHost www.liberal.ws:80>
> >       ServerAdmin p@dirac.org
> >       DocumentRoot /home/p/linux
> >       ServerName www.liberal.ws
> >       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/test_error
> >       LogLevel warn
> >       CustomLog /var/log/apache/test_access common
> >    </VirtualHost>
>
> What works for me looks like this:
>
>    NameVirtualHost 64.142.25.39
>    <VirtualHost 64.142.25.39:80>
>       etc.
>
> -- Rod

suppose you have www.livepenguin.com and www.roark.com.  how do you tell
your server about the different document roots?

suppose livepenguin is /www/livepenguin/ and roark is /www/roark/.  how
does what you have above distinguish between the two domains?  don't you
need something like what i have above?

or are you just talking about IP based virtual hosting?

pete