2004 Apr 11 14:25

[vox-tech] Apache virtual host config

make sure apache is configured for NAME-BASED virtual hosting, NOT IP-BASED ...

make sure you have the _true_ document directory as opposed to virtual ... pwd will not always show that

If your documents are relying on symbolic links, make sure the server allows them

Below are a few lines from the httpd.conf file off the RH9/Apache2 server we run off the LAN at home. They may help you. our IP's are all local beause they are behind the router.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1>
    ServerAdmin william@williamperdue.com
    DocumentRoot "/home/lperdue/public_html/perdueweb"
    ServerName www.perdueweb.com
    ServerAlias perdueweb.com
    ErrorLog logs/perdueweb-error_log
    TransferLog logs/perdueweb-error_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1>
    ServerAdmin william@williamperdue.com
    DocumentRoot "/home/lperdue/public_html/katherineperdue"
    ServerName www.katherineperdue.com
    ServerAlias katherineperdue.com
    ErrorLog logs/katherineperdue-error_log
    TransferLog logs/katherineperdue-error_log
</VirtualHost>

#
#
# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
# The index.html.var file (a type-map) is used to deliver content-
# negotiated documents.  The MultiViews Option can be used for the
# same purpose, but it is much slower.
#
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var