2004 Apr 09 23:50

[vox-tech] installing suse linux 8.1

Greetings:
I am having a hard time installing suse on my newly built pc.  I had sucessfully installed it many times before on my old pc.

I have the boxed version of suse 8.1 professional.  I load up via cd.  It shows me various options to installing.  I choose the top one (installation) which I have done in the past.  Then it loads kernel.  Screens pop up asking what language and type of keyboard.  I hit enter on both occassions. Then, and this is where installation halts, a message pops up asking me to be sure that cd 1 is installed.  I press enter for ok.  Then a red box pops up and states that cd rom can not be mounted.

I tried to go manual installation but same error.  I have tried alternative installation disk 2 but same results.

I have a P4 800mhz processor with 1GB memory and an intel motherboard.  Thinking it might be my cd rom I changed it with my other one that was used to install suse before but same results.

All cds are good/ not damaged.  Googling just made me waste time.

If someone can give me insight and direction I would be very grateful.

Jim George