2004 Apr 09 12:25

Re: [vox-tech] Mouse problem with new laptop

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:46:30AM -0700, Dave Margolis wrote:
> do a "cat /dev/mouse" and/or a "cat /dev/event/mice" to make sure this
> is working.

Here's a trick to prevent yourself from seeing garbage, loosing the
ability to read your prompt, and having to blindly run "reset" to get it
back... :^)

Use "xxd" instead of "cat" :)    I learned this one recently.
Still need to remember to use it myself...

-bill!
*ACHOO!* stupid allergies!