2004 Apr 08 22:18

[vox-tech] Questions on Using Wine

I am running Mandrake 9.2 on a Toshiba 335CDS laptop. I was interested in

running a windows program with wine which I understand was included in my

Mandrake distribution. Using rpmdrake I installed the package that came on an

accompanying CD. However, I am at a loss as to what I do next. I did a search

for "wine" and all I come up with is the following. In going into these

directories I fail to see anything that is executable. Being a real "Newbie" I

don't quite know what I am missing (or what I am doing for that matter).

[root@localhost /]# find / -name wine

/etc/rc.d/init.d/wine

/etc/wine

/var/lib/wine

/var/lock/subsys/wine

/usr/share/wine

/usr/bin/wine

/usr/lib/wine

[root@localhost /]#

What action do I need to take to actually run a windows program under wine. I am really lost.