2004 Apr 08 22:02

Re: [vox-tech] X Error

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 09:50:43AM +1000, Julie Russell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have written and application in C++ using xine, xlib, and common c++
> packages. It runs fine but crashes after 5 days with this error.
>
> X10: fatal IO error 105 (No buffer space available) on X server ":0.0" after
> 151201355 requests (151193243 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
> Killed
>
> Has anyone ever got this before that could shed some light on why this might
> be happening?

I have pretty much no X programming experience, but offhand I'd say
the error very much sounds like you're not releasing resources you've
asked X to allocate for you, while continuing to periodically ask it
for more (possibly the same ones, but X doesn't know that, since you
never released the old ones).

HTH,

--
Micah J. Cowan