January 6: Social gathering
2004 Apr 05 16:31

Re: [vox-tech] Slashdot's nameservers down?

Re: [vox-tech] Slashdot's nameservers down?

Quoting Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com):

> From here it appears that slashdot.org has no working
> authoritative nameservers.  I can get to slashdot if I use
> my ISP's nameserver, but presumably that is because they
> have it cached.  Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Details below.  Note that VA Software appears to be the DNS
> provider.  Perhaps they are down?

Looks like ns2.vasoftware.com is back, by now, but ns3 still isn't.
Maybe they need to [re-] hire some sysadmins?

--
Cheers,               No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
Rick Moen             We do concede, though, that a large number of electrons