2004 Mar 31 15:15

Re: [vox-tech] Make question: headers depending on other headers

Re: [vox-tech] Make question: headers depending on other headers

I would expect that a choice to do such a thing in a makefile makes little
sense to most users who would use it. Few people would ever modify the
header files at all. Testing of the header files would likely be done by
the developers.

Making a makefile option for "debug:" which includes deps for the heads
you are actually altering as well as -ggdb (etc) for debugging for
developers.

I generally have separate projects which test my own custom header files
separate from the project which is using them. Then, there is no need to
check the headers files for modification since they should not be modified
if they were properly tested. (Test the custom classes/headers extensively
so that projects relying upon them don't have weird surprises... the idea
of ensuring your foundations are solid before trying to build upon them.)

I'd like to see what others say about this though.

-ME