2004 Mar 29 09:09

Re: [vox-tech] is Java Compiler already installed in Fedora

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:28:15PM -0800, trina's pic wrote:
> Hello all,
> Does any know whether Java compiler is already installed in Fedora or we have to download it and install it...
> thank you

I can't speak for Fedora's basic install, but I know under Debian,
there's the "gcj" package:

   GCJ is a front end to the GCC compiler which can natively compile both
   Java(tm) source and bytecode files. The compiler can also generate class
   files.
   .
   This is a dependency package providing the default GNU Java compiler for
   Debian GNU/Linux systems (version 3.0.4 for architecture i386).

I'm sure it'd be easy to find a similar package for Fedora.  Good luck!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              Have you visited the Linux Users' Group
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/        of Davis yet!?  http://www.lugod.org/