2004 Mar 24 19:30

[vox-tech] Perl script help

This script is supposed to remove everything between <form and reset>.
Yet, when I run it, it gives me this error:

print() on closed filehandle THENEWFILE at boardclean.pl line 23.
Cannot print!! Bad file number

I cannot see my programming error.  Can anyone help?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use strict;

my $curdir = shift;
my $file = "";
my $tmprs = "";
my $data = "";

opendir(DIR, $curdir) or die "Cannot open directory $curdir: $!";
while (defined ($file = readdir(DIR))) {
	open(THEFILE, "$file");
	$tmprs = $/;
	undef $/;
	$data=<THEFILE>;
	close(THEFILE);
	$/ = $tmprs;
	$data =~ s|<form.*reset>|<!-- form action removed -->|gm;
	open(THENEWFILE, ">$file");
	print THENEWFILE $data or die "Cannot print!! $!\n";
	close (THENEWFILE);
}

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)