2004 Mar 21 23:09

[vox-tech] Best/fastest graphics accellerator that is Lunux compatible

[vox-tech] Best/fastest graphics accellerator that is Lunux compatible

I'm working on a parts list for building my dream computer. Since I have other computers in the home that
will run Windoze, Linux compatibility is the prime constraint. If it runs both, fine.

I've perused the Linux HCL to ensure that the AMD FX-51 is supported; it is. That will be the CPU of choice.

Main problem seems to be the graphics adapter. SInce the ATI Radeon XT 9800 Pro isn't supported, I bought
a Mad Dog FX 5200, which claims to support Linux.

If you were doing this project, what would be your choice for the video card? A DVI connector would be a plus,
although I'm unsure if the Samsung Syncmaster 191T+ flat-panel monitor is compatible. I'm in the process of
working out compatibility issues with the Tech. Support staff at the respective manufacturers.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance...Jim