2004 Mar 19 20:02

Re: [vox-tech] PDF editor?

--On Friday, March 19, 2004 07:02:41 PM -0800 "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> when he said that pdf is an output format (paraphrased).  postscript
> is even more of an output format.  i think norm's original email
> mentioned he wanted to edit some links.  maybe it was to insert
> hyperlinks.  that's not supported by ps AFAIK, so converting to ps,
> editing and converting back to pdf won't help.  he's looking for pdf
> functionality which isn't available with ps AFAIK.
I've found that hyperlinks in my resume, when translated via html2ps and
pstopdf, end up as links in the final PDF doc....
Adobe has defined a standard for embedding data into postscript to be used when converting the document to a PDF. See <http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/docs/pdfmark.pdf>.

--
Ken Herron