2004 Mar 20 21:39

[vox-tech] Getting CUPS & KDE to play together

[vox-tech] Getting CUPS & KDE to play together

Not long ago (i.e. a month) I had an old Canon printer hooked up to my
machine that worked fine, and had CUPS running merrily.  I added a HP
1300 to this, and all proceeded as before.  I then tried to set the HP
as the default. It all fell apart.

Now I can print lovely test pages from the CUPS admin panel, but
otherwise can only pipe text files using cat.

The KDE print manager will not display any printers, and fails the
lookup with an error message (it can't access the CUPS server).
Running lpinfo -v as root gets this:

cups-get-devices failed: client-error-forbidden

There's no communication apparently.  No, there's a refusal to
communicate.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I hardly know where to
start.

TIA

Cam

--