2004 Mar 18 16:11

Re: [vox-tech] Carrying telephone signal over ethernet

Re: [vox-tech] Carrying telephone signal over ethernet

At 2:13 PM -0800 3/18/04, Mitch Patenaude wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe that Cat5 uses all 4 *pairs* of wires, and not just 4 wires. Maybe that's only for full duplex....

The 100BASE-T4 standard does run on Cat3,4,5 cabling and does require 4 pairs

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/msg01046.html

-Larry