2004 Mar 18 13:45

Re: [vox-tech] .pdf editor

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 12:30:17PM -0800, Lewis Perdue wrote:

OpenOffice can create and edit .pdfs -- at least I assume it can since I use StarOffice to do that.

I know it can create (File->Export PDF) as of version 1.1.

However, I don't believe it can /import/ them.

(e.g., if I make a PDF in OOo, and then try to open it with File->Open,
it asks me to pick a filter, and I don't see "Acrobat", "Adobe", "PDF" or
"Portable Document Format" in the list of available choices :^/ )

This is OOo 1.1 on Windows >X^P Professional.
Shame, shame! :-O

But I do get the same when I try to open a pdf in OOo 1.1 in Gentoo Linux. In fact, I've yet to notice any difference between using OOo in Linux vs. Windows, something which makes OOo so wonderful!

Jonathan