2004 Mar 15 05:07

Re: [vox-tech] nubie help please - realplayer8

Re: [vox-tech] nubie help please - realplayer8

Dick,

If you click on a link for a filetype that Mozilla doesn't recognize, you are generally asked to 'Save it to disk' or 'Open it with'. If you choose to open it, you can just click the 'Choose' button and browse to your realplayer. My realplayer is /usr/local/bin/realplay, but yours may be somewhere else. Running 'which realplay' or perhaps 'locate real' will tell you where yours is if you don't know. The next time you go to open a real audio file, Mozilla should remember your choice. In the case that Mozilla remembers incorrectly or remembers a bad choice (this has happened to me a couple of times), you can edit this file opening behavior by going to 'Edit/Preferences' from the menu bar, and selecting 'Helper Applications' underneath the 'Navigator' tree on the left.

Everything I just said is true on Mozilla 1.6, but should be mostly accurate for any 1.x Mozilla.

Dave

Richard Ely wrote:

I have installed realplayer8. IT plays its own tune fine.

When I click on bbc in Mozilla, it doesn't associate realplayer with the file tyoer incoming.ram.

Please, how do I set up the association.

Thanks DIck ELy

Richard D. Ely
Davis Hydro / Davis Collaborative
27264 Meadowbrook Drive