2004 Mar 07 21:02

Re: [vox-tech] Old PC

If you can a little RAM, then you could have a nice little box. I may have a few sticks lying around if you can check to see if it needs 72 pin simm, or 168 pin dimm memory.

Mark

John Marcotte wrote:

I have an old Dell Optiplex GS+ in my office. I thought It might make a dandy little Linux box, but it's pretty darn slow by today's standards.
At a cool 200MHz at a whopping 32MB of RAM, I think a current distro would run poorly (if at all) on the box.
So my question is: What version of Linux should I put on this little guy? I'd like to use it as an internet terminal and word processor.
John Marcotte