2004 Mar 07 19:24

Re: [vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

Re: [vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

OpenOffice Presentation can embed OpenOffice Spreadsheet, which can
colorize tables.  Just tried it.  Works like a charm.

BTW, when I did the Autoconf/Automake talk, I got the colorized C
sourcecode by (1)creating colorized HTML C sourcecode via gvim (Syntax ->
Convert to HTML), (2)saving the file, (3)opening it in Mozilla, and (4)
embedding OpenOffice Text documents into presentation, and copying &
pasting the mozilla text into it and formatting its size and font.

-Mark

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Mike Simons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to:
>   generate good looking Tables,
>   from a Text file source,
>   which allows easy Colorization of rows, columns, or single elements
>   that outputs a common image format (PNG) or PDF.
>
> For example pretend I have a bunch of tables that look like this:
>
> Run |    Before   |    After    |
> ID  |  Megs  Time |  Megs  Time |
> =================================
> 123 |  4.56 63.20 |  0.52 12.45 |
> 124 |  4.23 62.10 |  0.53 12.70 |
> 125 |  4.34 66.40 |  0.51 12.80 |
>
> Portions of these tables need to be highlighted in different ways
> with legends added (to describe what each thing means)... to put
> on a webpage or in a slide show.
>
> I can handle converting the tables to Foo delimited elements, but
> I'm not able to re-enter all of this junk into some program that
> can't import text.
>
> I would also like to waste as little time as possible for a "colorize
> this column" operation.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> I've looked into magic point, which appears to be able to embed the
> some image, but appears to have no support for tables natively.
>
> kpresenter and openoffice are on the list to try...

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci