2004 Mar 03 11:29

Re: [vox-tech] cron - not at a different time

--On Wednesday, March 03, 2004 10:11:10 -0800 Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:

> 25 4 * * * root test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report
/etc/cron.daily

That line will only launch "run-parts" if /usr/sbin/anacron doesn't
exist. Does /usr/sbin/anacron exist?
ken,

yeah, it does exist.   daily definitely runs.  it just runs at a time i
wasn't expecting.
My point was that if /usr/sbin/anacron exists, then the crontab line above will not run cron.daily. You say that /usr/sbin/anacron exists, so cron.daily is not being launched as a result of the above crontab line. That means something else is running it. Something like anacron, for example.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338