2004 Mar 03 10:51

Re: [vox-tech] OT- cron - not at a different time

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 10:21 am, Donald Childs wrote:

> > Does anyone know what this is all about?
>
> The attachment, "AttachedFile.zip", had the W32.Beagle.H@mm virus. At least
> the file I received did.
>
> Here's the message header I got:

> <dchilds@sc?????.n0t>; Wed, 3 Mar 2004 04:33:32 -0800

Your mail server says it came from here.

> 	by www.livepenguin.com (Postfix) with ESMTP
> 	id 4F1794D039; Wed,  3 Mar 2004 04:33:02 -0800 (PST)

Presumably this is Mailman, running locally and sending you
a copy.

> To: vox@livepenguin.com
> From: lugod@livepenguin.com

Here's the offending mail source.  Obviously the sender's
email address is forged.  A problem with mailing lists like
ours is that if the sending email address is in the list, it
is accepted; there is no other verification performed.

-- Rod