2004 Mar 03 08:23

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

So you can log into the system and read files but you can't write to it?
Could it be possible that there's a separate password for write access
into that share?  If not, can you write to that directory from another
Windows machine as that user using that password?

-Mark

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, dylan wrote:

> Hi--
>
> I setup a user, sharepoint, and permissions today on a windows 2K server. I
> am able to connect to the machine, and interact with the directory structure
> in some ways. (i.e. i can manually navigate to my directory). However, when
> i try to upload a file into my folder like this:
>
> dylan@mvs:~$ smbclient //server_name/share_name$ -U user_name%password -D
> base_folder -c "put temp.txt"
>
> Domain=[UR] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \mvs_backup\temp.txt
>
> ...it seems like there is some kind of permission error... Does anyone know
> what might be causing this? as far as i know, i have the appropriate
> permissions to read and write into this folder.
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> Dylan
>

> --
> "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
> evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
> -Albert Einstein

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/