2004 Mar 02 12:59

Re: [vox-tech] UPS and auto battery

There was a discussion on Slashdot a while back which pointed out a couple of
problems.
First, the built-in battery charger might not be capable of recharging a much
larger battery and could shutdown, overheat or do something else spectacular
or unfriendly.
Second, the inverter (the thing that changes DC to AC) cooling also may not be
up to running more than a half an hour or so and could also shutdown,
overheat or do something spectacular or unfriendly.

Paul (not an EE)