2004 Mar 02 12:09

Re: [vox-tech] UPS and auto battery

I have my old "dead" UPS serving as a battery backup for my alarm clock.
Works great.  Also works for VCRs... for when there's a power outage and
you have a program set to be recorded during that time.

Don't recommend connecting car's liquid (forget which type of acid it is)
12V battery to the UPS's battery... different types of rechargeables have
different behavior and they got different circuits that work with
different types of batteries.  I don't know enough to know whether it's
safe, but I know enough to say it's not safe to do that without knowing
that it's safe.

Oh, BTW... car battery emits hydrogen gas while it's recharging.
Explosive...  I don't recommend it for indoor use.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius