2004 Mar 01 20:08

[vox-tech] (no subject)

A discussion on vox just made me realize that my ATI Rage 128 Pro card has 3D acceleration that is supported on Linux (I never was able to make it work without crashing).

I tried out TuxRacer, but the screen is all garbled (the menu is unreadable), and it spits out a lot of

r128UploadTexImages: upload texture failure on local texture heaps, sz=349568
r128UploadTexImages: upload texture failure on local texture heaps, sz=349568
r128UploadTexImages: upload texture failure on local texture heaps, sz=174816

errors into my xterm. (enough of these to fill my 1500 line scrollback buffer within seconds) Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?