2004 Feb 18 00:55

Re: [vox-tech] sound, kde, xmms, arts

I have no problem mixing multiple sound sources.

Hardware:
SB Live!, scavenged from gf's old comp

lspci says: (line broken by me)
00:10.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live!
     EMU10k1 (rev 08)

Kernel:
custom-build Linux 2.6 w/ the OSS emu10k1 driver

Distro:
Debian unstable

I would use ALSA, because it's what all the hip kids use, but after
struggling for a while I gave up because OSS just worked. :-P

Besides the custom kernel, I don't think I am using any magic. I was
very happy to have multiple sources 'just work' after I installed this
card. So, for you casual music listeners and game players, I have to
recommend this setup. SB Live!s don't cost much anymore.

-Bryan