2004 Feb 16 16:50

[vox-tech] Cygwin and Debian

Whenever I ssh into my Debian box, Lucien, with Cygwin from a Windows computer and try to execute Vi or top or similar tools, I get an error like the following:

Unknown terminal "cygwin" in $TERM

Naturally, this doesn't happen when I SSH into my Red Hat computers.

How do I fix this issue so that I ssh successfully into my Debian computer? I'd rather not have to put PuTTY onto my Windows computer, just because I'd rather not have redundant terminal programs (if that makes sense).

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford