January 6: Social gathering
2004 Feb 10 15:41

Re: [vox-tech] graph paper

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:58:47PM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:
> Hrm.  I have a little script I downloaded for printing envelopes.
> All it does is dump PostScript.  So perhaps a PS expert around here might
> be willing to throw something similar together, for generating
> arbitarily-shaped graphs on arbitrary paper sizes ;)

OK, _dump postscript_ was exactly the route I was thinking too.  Using the
spreadsheet method doesn't seem to be working since I've yet to produce
any printed output when attempting to print empty cells.  I've been
through all the OO settings 6 or 7 times, but I'm still probably printing
something obivous...  If anybody has any advice there, let me know.

Either way, a little shell script really is what I was going for.

> [La]TeX might be the way to go, too.  Either way, I'd imagine something like:
>
>   graphpaper --paper letter --gridsize 0.5inch | lpr

Ha! Perhaps this is my next project...

> I love Unix.

me too!