2004 Feb 10 15:41

Re: [vox-tech] graph paper

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:58:47PM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:
> I'd be neat if you could just specify a paper size and square size and
> then say print, and have some nice graph paper.

Hrm.  I have a little script I downloaded for printing envelopes.
It reads a text file that describes To and From addresses, and the
config lets me set other details.  It can even print the postnet barcodes.

All it does is dump PostScript.  So perhaps a PS expert around here might
be willing to throw something similar together, for generating
arbitarily-shaped graphs on arbitrary paper sizes ;)

[La]TeX might be the way to go, too.  Either way, I'd imagine something like:

  graphpaper --paper letter --gridsize 0.5inch | lpr

I love Unix.

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com           "Hey Shatner, ya remember that episode of
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/   Space Trek where your show got cancelled?"