2004 Feb 10 15:22

[vox-tech] Perl help requested

I'm trying to write a Perl application that will go through a directory
and give the amount of space used by each directory, including each
subdirectory.  So, for example, if myDirectory1 has three files totalling
150K and two subdirectories (mySubDirectoryA, with 20K of files, and
mySubDirectoryB with 50K of files), I'd like to see output like this:

DIRECTORY         SIZE
myDirectory1      220K

I'm stuck at the first line. Any suggestions?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore